Sunday, March 30, 2008

The love of my life-'SLEEP'


My phone starts ringing and as I pick it up,the first question people ask me these days is this "Hey loafer,still sleeping ah?!".I try my level best to clear up my coarse tone so that people don't feel that i was sleeping all along and say "No,was reading a novel"(wondering as to how I am relating myself to novels,wait for my next blog) or "NO yar,just chatting(rather should i say flirting) on the net".But more I talk,more convincing the other person becomes that I was flat for at least the past 3 or 4 hrs.So I finally admit one thing I love a lot..ya baby thats 'SLEEP'.

I sometimes wonder as to how a person can sleep for as long as I do..Please fasten your seat belts if you are in a plane right now or if you are just plain relaxing in your house,make sure you have a bisleri or aquafina bottle right in front of you,because now I reveal the 8th wonder of the world,ya the amount of sleep I have daily.It's close to 15-18 hrs /day.Phew!!!hope you are still good enough to continue reading my blog or rather should I give you 2 min break to recuperate..:-).But the million dollar question is whether it's wrong by any means to sleep for as long as I wish?I don't think so.To justify this fact read on.Recently I heard a interview of the Legendary Sitar Virtuoso Pt.Ravi Shankar.Someone asked him as to how he could achieve such great acclaim,he replied saying that he dedicated his life to sitar by working for 15-18 hrs/day.Hey give me a break,thats exactly the same time I am spending on my area of interest,yeah 'SLEEP'.So I believe it's just a matter of time before you can see me on TV.Now that would be real fun,isn't it?People giving titles like Pandit(well I already have one starting from the same letter) or maestro to me.The maestro,Sri Pandit Roopesh R.N..hahaha.

Recently I got a reward from the orkut community!!.Amazed,don't be.Out of curiosity I typed in the words 'I love sleeping' in the search column and to my astonishment my name appeared as the 4th name in the search list.To give you an insight as to how big this is for me,let me tell you about the other communities present in list.They were communities having around 40k people in them.Now I hope you agree how happy I was seeing my name in this list of stalwarts!!.Oh I can hear the great round of applause..Thank you for recognizing my talent.

Hey even though I had become a perfectionist in the area of sleep,something strange happened when I slept this afternoon.It was around 1.15PM when I started off the wonderful journey and by the time I woke up it was around 5.10PM.Somehow something weird started to happen.I just couldn't feel my senses properly.Well I thought some strange disorder has struck me.(Ah finally as it's very tough for me to fall sick even though I weigh just 48kgs,thanks to the fact that I have a profound resistance..:-)).With loads of confusion I thought a stroll would help me out,so set out for it in the boulevard right in front of my hostel.I saw people running around one ball in the field,couldn't figure out as to what they were trying to do!!.So I continued to walk hoping for some improvement.Now came the saviour of my life,any guesses?Well,it's the 'GIRLS HOSTEL'.Let me explain exactly what happened.As I reached close to the girls hostel premises,my eyes started squinting,then my neck turned right as if a robot was instructed to do so and here I see a group of girls in some amazing clothing(let me not describe it as I would require loads of pages to do so).Suddenly a shiver ran down my spine and here I am with all my senses perfectly working..:-).I had always heard people saying that God has a remedy for anything and everything somewhere hidden in the nature,now I know exactly where to find it.:-) and ofcourse you need to thank me for sharing this eureka.

Frankly speaking I have a piece of advice for all people reading this blog.If you haven't experienced the amount of sleep as I did and hope to continue in my life,then I think today is the day and now is the time.Just go for it guys.Try it once and I am damn sure you would never want to stop it.Thats my word.Given the fact that I always believe in working for a social cause,I am planning to open a institute that would help people understand the powers of 'sleep' and enrich their lives.What say?Well I can go on and on about the latest amusement of my life,but it's better to put a full stop to it now.Hope you enjoyed reading it.Let me know it through your comments.

8 comments:

pri said...

I'm shocked!! not because you sleep so much but because of the text and refernces you used in your blog!! well i think finally i found sum1 who can give me competition.. 15-16hrs/day is very normal for me ;) i have been followin tat routine since...hmmm... may be since i was born! ;)

ramya said...

hello sleeping beauty! hey nice blog... the girls hostel part was cute! and i still cant blv u enjoy sleeping that long... i have slept for 12hrs for many days... but it makes me feel sluggish and bored the rest of the time...i am waiting for u to join work place... u must write a blog again saying how much of sleep u get then! keep writing!

creator said...

yo prof i would love to see you on tv as pundit sleepyhead or on aastha channel preaching people on how to sleep and ALL its benefits, the honor will be worth it as you have worked(rather slept) your way to it :P .. all the very best with your endevoure pal.. ;)
-Vineet

TheChaosmonger said...

first lemme congratulate u on this sexy "The love of my life-'SLEEP'" post. looks like i've got some company now, brother kumbhakaran. well, to add some more evidence: recent survey claims tht children who sleep for 9 hours, as opposed to the conventional 8 hrs, tend to perform better in all their activities. So, by direct proportionality, sleeping for 18 hrs cud make u a superman.

karthikv4u said...

I try my level best to clear up my coarse tone so that people don't feel that i was sleeping all along

rofl....I too do that most of the time....

and please remove this word verification...no damn bot would be interested in of all things adding a comment to your blog

S.Ghosh said...

well hilarious post and i enjoyed a lot .....
am sorry i can not be able to follow your instruction (i wud love to) my boss will kick me out ha ha .....

keep well

A comeback-roopeshrn said...

Thanks everyone for your comments..had a life time experience sleeping for such long hours and hope you guys try it once in your lifetime.I bet you would love it:-)

riM said...

Enjoy for now is the time for u. U remind me of my days back in college when I used to sleep for 8-10 hrs (not even close to u i agree),but now I hardly get to sleep for 5 hours or less.

And yes thnks for taking time to read my mental junks.